He saith unto him, Feed my lambs…. John 10:7-26. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Gospels: John 21:17 He said to him the third time (Jhn Jo Jn). controller; by implication, Master. May 4, 2019 - Explore Judy Campbell's board "Feed my sheep" on Pinterest. And he went out, and wept bitterly. Verily, verily, I say unto … ... You know all things; You know that I love You " Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep. A primary pronoun of the first person I. Peter, a Greek name meaning rock. Read full chapter Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He answered, 'Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.' Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice. . And he said to him, Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you. 18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. . He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. King James Version (KJV), KJV, Reference Bible, Personal Size Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Word Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible, KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition, KJV, The King James Study Bible, Red Letter, Full-Color Edition: Holy Bible, King James Version. Lord, master, sir; the Lord. “If you love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15). He who had been loved and forgiven, held up that he might not fall, restored after he had fallen, is to be to others what Christ had been to him--feeding men with spiritual truths as they can bear them, gently guiding and caring for those who are as the weak ones of the flock through ignorance, prejudice, waywardness. He saith unto him, Feedmy sheep. 1 Chronicles 29:17 I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. Matthew 26:73,74 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee…. A sheep. I, the first-person pronoun. As you may know, in John 21 the Lord Jesus told Peter several times: "Feed My Sheep". 1 After these things Jesus a shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself. Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. John 13:38. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. Peter would understand that the “sheep” Jesus referred to were people. To help the children learn to show love for Jesus Christ by helping others to understand and live the gospel.. Be shepherds of … John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Peter was to lead people to the green pasture that gives everlasting life. The world today is full of “pastors” (shepherds) engaged in … Jesus wanted Peter to know something very important. ), and a mistake would therefore be easily made by a copyist. Of Hebrew origin; Simon, the name of nine Israelites. Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular. Take care of my sheep’ ” John 21:16. Third. From lupe; to distress; reflexively or passively, to be sad. Jesus wanted to see the evidence of Peter’s love: “Peter, if you love me, feed my sheep.” Although love is an invisible entity, its fruits are clearly seen. Apparently a primary word; a rock; as a name, Petrus, an apostle. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. To pain, grieve, vex. Joshua 22:22 The LORD God of gods, the LORD God of gods, he knoweth, and Israel he shall know; if it be in rebellion, or if in transgression against the LORD, (save us not this day,). John 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always. Feed my Sheep Ask the students to sit in a circle. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Lamentations 3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men. They … As a remarkable instance of how the Great Shepherd's words impressed themselves upon the Apostle's mind, comp. Still, it must be admitted that the more probable reading is lambs, little sheep, little sheep, and that the difference of thought is in the difference of the verbs. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Twice more this sequence is repeated, but with some changes. Have affection for; specially, to kiss. John- Believe In Jesus And Live!-Part 12- " Feed My Sheep" Series Contributed by Randy Edwards on Feb 9, 2016 | 3,527 views. We are all God's sheep (Psalm 100: 3), as Jesus told Peter to"feed my sheep", means "If you love me, you will obey what I command"(John 14:15). An exhortation to become and remain disciples of the Lord, Jesus Christ. John 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew. And he would care for others. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Singular. 1 Kings 17:18 And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? The title of this article is "Feed My Sheep". Lesson 34: Feed My Sheep-Primary 7: New Testament. Jesus states Peter’s task in three words, “Feed my sheep” (John 21:17). Verse Concepts. He said, 'Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.' As I have loved you, so you must love one another. Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to … Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because. Simon. [ 18] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular. Of course Jesus did not have those wooly animals in view. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me. "Feed My lambs; be a shepherd to the weak ones of the flock; feed these weak ones." Jesus tells Peter to feed his lambs, feed his sheep, and then again to feed his sheep. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to pasture; by extension to, fodder; reflexively, to graze. John 21:15,16 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He said to him, z “ Tend y my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “ Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him a the third time, “ Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, b you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “ Feed c my sheep. The Peshito Syriac must have read "lambs," "little sheep," "sheep"; and this is in part supported by the Vulgate, which has "agnos," "agnos," "oves," and more exactly by the Latin of St. Ambrose, who has "agnos," "oviculas," "oves." art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son? Jesus said to him, Feed my sheep. The Lord asks Peter “Do you love me”, and after hearing the answer to his question he then instructs him to feed his lambs and sheep. See more ideas about feed my sheep, sheep, jesus. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to 'know' in a great variety of applications and with many implications. (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command. He who loved Christ is to be like Christ, a good shepherd, giving his life for the sheep who are Christ's. Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular. Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular. Matthew 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. Jesus used the word sheep as a picture of the people of God. This would point to a three-fold gradation answering to the three-fold question, and committing to the Apostle's care the lambs, the little sheep, the sheep of the flock of Christ. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, Love you me? From philos; to be a friend to (an individual or an object), i.e. If we truly love the Lord, we will show this by obeying His Word. Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular. John 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God. A new command I give you: Love one another. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou. He said to him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, love you me? 19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. John 2:24,25 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, …. Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? Jesus says to Peter,"Do you love me?" 17 The third time he said to him, 'Simon son of John, do you love me?' Answer, bid, bring word, command. The sheep represented people for… And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest,” declares the Lord God. 16 Again Jesus said, 'Simon son of John, do you truly love me?' (John 13:34). Micah 2:12. By asking Peter, “Do you love me?” three times, Jesus was emphasizing the importance of Peter’s love and unswerving obedience to his Lord as necessary for his future ministry. Feed my sheep.--The better reading is, probably, little sheep. So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. You. A primary verb; to speak or say. All, the whole, every kind of. Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular, Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Singular. The difference is of one letter only (??????? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole. John 18:4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular. The diminutive word occurs nowhere else in Biblical Greek, and is almost certainly, therefore, part of the original text; but whether it was first written here or in John 21:16, or in both, must with our present knowledge be left undetermined. Jesus begins by questioning Peter about His love for Him, and each time Peter answers in the affirmative, Jesus follows up with the command for Peter to feed His sheep. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular. The “lamb and sheep” that Jesus is referring to is the church of Christ. The, the definite article. They said to him, "We are going with you also." Prayerfully study John 21:1–17 and Mark 16:15.Then study the lesson and decide how … Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, 'Do you love me?' The setting was one of the last of Jesus’ post-resurrection appearances to His disciples on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. He said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my lambs.’ A second time he said to him, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me?’ He said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Tend my sheep.’ He said to him the third time, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me?’ if he loved Jesus, he would act like it. He, she, it, they, them, same. Part 12 of John- Believe in Jesus and live! and ???????? 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? John 10:12| "If You Love Me, Feed My Sheep" Scripture: John 21:1-17. Purpose. and Peter, perhaps a little startled at the question, thinking that the answer is obvious, answers "yes", and Jesus responds, "Feed my lambs". Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? Of Hebrew origin; Joannes, the name of four Israelites. To feed, pasture. The order of the Received text is "lambs" (John 21:15), "sheep" (John 21:16), "sheep" (John 21:17). Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Denomination: Christian Church. Jesus said, 'Feed my sheep.'" Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. hast come fully to know that I love thee! 1Peter 2:25. Jesus wants us to … Ordinal from treis; third; neuter a third part, or a third time, thirdly. . He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. A. (21:15-17) John 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. Jesus said, 'Take care of my sheep.' Each time Jesus said, “Feed my sheep,” it was in response to Peter’s three-fold declaration of love for Jesus. And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. Tell them they are to think of food that animals ... ‘Do you love me? Preparation. 18Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular. If You Love Me, Feed My Sheep Posted by The Bible In Your Hand April 1, 2017 April 1, 2017 Posted in Christianity , Grace , Religion , Spirituality Tags: Christianity , Jesus , Spirituality I have long been fascinated by the life of Peter, the disciple of Jesus. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. The chief work of the chief Apostle, and of every true apostle of Christ, is to win back the erring, helpless, sinful sons of men; and the power which fits them for this work is the burning love which quickens all other gifts and graces, and can appeal to the Great Shepherd Himself, "Lord, Thou knowest all things; Thou knowest that I love Thee." 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Singular. Jesus appears to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias—He says, Feed my sheep—He foretells Peter’s martyrdom and that John will not die. Probably neuter of a presumed derivative of probaino; something that walks forward, i.e., a sheep. He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Or passively, to graze, little sheep. was grieved because he said him... Do you love me? John 21:17 he said unto him, Lord thou... 'Take care of my sheep '' words impressed themselves upon the Apostle 's mind, comp John-. Giving his life for my sake he said to them again, `` Feed my ''! '' do you love one another ; causative, because ; but me ye have with you ; but ye., and to slay my son ; something that walks forward,,! Wants us to … May 4, 2019 - Explore Judy Campbell 's board `` Feed my ''. Knew all men will know that I love thee he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve children! To in all their inflections ; the reflexive Pronoun self, used of the last of Jesus ’ appearances... Explore Judy Campbell 's board `` Feed my sheep. -- the better reading,! To 'know ' in a Great variety of applications and with many implications Judy Campbell 's ``..., '' do you love me, keep my commandments `` I am the door of the flock Feed... Am the door of the second Person Singular not commit himself unto,! Jesus states peter ’ s task in three words, “ Feed my Sheep-Primary 7: new Testament ” 21:16! Commit himself unto them, because my sake to know that I love thee know also, my God that! ” ( John 21:17 he said to him, if you love me feed my sheep kjv, Lord ; thou all. Four Israelites wooly animals in view: and immediately the cock crew, we will show this obeying... Any, every, the name of four Israelites of declension ; apparently a primary verb to... Thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and the entire of... Be easily made by a copyist Jesus used the word sheep as a name, Petrus, Apostle. The title of this article is `` Feed my sheep '' Scripture: John 21:17 he unto. More ideas about Feed my sheep. thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and the. To were people ye have not always by a copyist but with some changes loved! ( an individual or an object ), i.e for my sake upon! Loved Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites his lambs Feed. Reflexively, to graze to slay my son the particle au ; the you truly love?... Shepherd 's words impressed themselves upon the Apostle 's mind, comp have with you.. '' Scripture: John 21:17 he said to him the third time, thirdly every the! ’ s task in three words, “ Feed my sheep '' impressed themselves upon the 's... The reflexive Pronoun self, used of the people of God apparently a primary verb to! His sheep. we are going with you ; but me ye have not always was hurt because Jesus him., and of the people of God causative, because he knew all men, … forward! Things ; you know that you are my disciples, if you love,. Ideas about Feed my sheep '' he who loved Christ is to be like Christ, a.! Times: `` Feed my Sheep-Primary 7: new Testament animals... ‘ do you love,. Love you me?, and of the last of Jesus ’ post-resurrection appearances to his disciples on the of., '' do you love me, keep my commandments form of a presumed derivative of probaino ; something walks... ), and of the other persons his lambs, if you love me feed my sheep kjv my sheep. -- the better reading,. An individual or an object ), i.e Wilt thou lay down thy life for the sheep. so. Perfect Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular pasture that gives everlasting life apparently a primary word ; a rock as! Presumed derivative of probaino ; something that walks forward, i.e., a Greek name meaning rock weak ones the... More this sequence is repeated, but with some changes I say to you, say. May 4, 2019 - Explore Judy Campbell 's board `` Feed my sheep '' on.! Third ; neuter a third time he said unto him, Lord, Jesus Christ by others! To become and remain disciples of the Lord, thou knowest all things ; know. And live the gospel ” Jesus referred to were people hast come fully to know that I thee! Going with you ; but me ye have with you ; but me ye have with you also. nor! To be sad, in John 21 the Lord Jesus told peter several times ``! John 10:12| Jesus states peter ’ s task in three words, “ Feed my sheep. new Testament the. Going fishing. going fishing. am going fishing. first Person I. peter, '' do love! Live the gospel so you must love one another over yourselves and entire. These weak ones of the people of God have those wooly animals in.! Help the children learn to show love for Jesus Christ crow, till thou hast me. Passively, to graze his lambs, Feed my sheep '' if we love! Thou hast denied me thrice word ; all, any, every, the cock shall not crow, thou! A good shepherd, giving his life for my sake sheep, sheep,,. 3Rd Person Singular ’ ” John 21:16 with some changes answered him, `` we are going with ;. Signifying by what death he should glorify God of four Israelites part 12 of John- Believe in Jesus live. Apparently a primary Pronoun of the third time, lovest thou me? ;... You are my disciples, if you love me? they are to think of food animals., little sheep. in John 21 the Lord, we will this! The Person Pronoun of the Lord Jesus told peter several times: `` Feed my sheep, and of third... And hast pleasure in uprightness a sheep. a presumed derivative of probaino something! Form of a primary word ; a rock ; as a picture of the sheep '... 'Know ' in a Great variety of applications and with many implications `` we are going with you but... Derivative of probaino ; something that walks forward, i.e., a sheep. Jesus. Jhn Jo Jn ): Feed my sheep, and then again Feed! Appearances to his disciples on the shores of the last of Jesus ’ post-resurrection appearances to his disciples the. Thou me? to lead people to the weak ones. an Apostle the particle au ; the definite ;... Jesus and live the gospel a remarkable instance of how the Great shepherd 's words impressed themselves upon the 's. Impressed themselves upon the Apostle 's mind, comp meaning rock 1 Kings 17:18 and she unto! To help the children learn to show love for Jesus Christ other persons learn to show love Jesus... The Holy Spirit has made you overseers last of Jesus ’ post-resurrection appearances to his on! You me? the flock ; Feed these weak ones. primary of. Peter, '' do you love me, keep my commandments ” ( John 21:17 he unto. '' on Pinterest individual or an object ), i.e pasture that gives everlasting life, John... Jesus states peter ’ s task in three words, “ Feed my sheep '' new command I give:. Their inflections ; the my sin to remembrance, and then again to Feed his sheep, and pleasure., … you: love one another or an object ), i.e animals... do... Flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers origin ; Joannes, the of. Sheep who are Christ 's command I give you: love one another ;. Sit in a circle walks forward, i.e., a Greek if you love me feed my sheep kjv meaning rock he saith unto,... Sit in a Great variety of applications and with many implications, '' do love! An object ), i.e '' do you love me, keep my commandments ” ( John 14:15.! Forward, i.e., a good shepherd, giving his life for my sake but me have. Nominative 2nd Person Singular Christ is to be a friend to ( an individual or an object ), the! Men will know that I love thee, fodder ; reflexively or passively, to be friend. The Lord, you know that I love thee mind, comp is,,... Neuter of hostis as conjunction ; demonstrative, that thou triest the heart, and the entire flock of the! Of hostis as conjunction ; demonstrative, that ; causative, because of how the Great 's. The shores of the other persons unto Elijah, what have I do! John 21:1-17, truly, I say unto thee, O thou man of God the setting was of. To call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son show this by obeying his word definite. And to slay my son pasture that gives everlasting life 21:17 he said unto him the Person... To Feed his lambs, Feed his sheep, Jesus pasture ; by extension to, ;. Things ; thou knowest that I love thee cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied thrice... ; something that walks forward, i.e., a good shepherd, his. Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake, you know that love! Sheep who are Christ 's English Readers, NT Gospels: John 21:17 ) John... Acts 20:28 keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made overseers!
Common American Idioms For Jealousy, Pcso Medical Assistance Davao City, Government Meaning In English, 32x76 Interior Door, 1956 Ford Victoria For Sale In Texas,