Get ready Montana unions, the MFPE, AFSCME, Teamsters and the AFL-CIO in particular, if this Hades’ Bident gets thrown there will be blood. TAKE ACTION NOW. MFPE is NOT a teacher union. The Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) is a Montana labor union. All private-sector unions, and some public sector unions, are obligated to report financial information to the U.S. Dept. MFPE local affiliates, regardless of membership size, shall: a. They complied, and I have their word in writing. FOCUS negotiates the wages, benefits, and working conditions of classified staff at seven Montana University System campuses. Unions even have the ability to prevent employees from getting help in their workplace from other sources. ... Union leaders elsewhere in the country said they expect to suffer some loss of revenue from dues and also predicted that the same anti-union forces that pushed to get rid of the so-called fair shares that non-members … I really appreciate what your group is doing.”, “Dues are no longer being taken from my paycheck. Some simply do not believe the services the union provides are worth the dues it charges. Now toward the end of my career I might be freed from a political force that I have never agreed with…Thank you again for all your work this last decade for the working class that has been pilfered by these political organizations and have always push the political values that I personally do not/have not agreed with.”, “I am a WSDOT employee very unhappy about having to support the WFSE political agenda. Unions can charge whatever they wish. The four-page publication extols the advantages of right-to-work legal guidelines, which prohibit unions from requiring that union-represented staff contribute to the prices of union illustration. Don't see your union? She offers this commentary on bills she’s tracking through the Montana Legislature’s 67th Regular Session. We highly recommend sending it via certified mail. Comply with MFPE, NEA, and AFT constitutions and policies. Greg Gianforte. . Password Imagine my delight when the Janus decision came down. It has been, to date, the biggest raise that the union has ever gotten for me. Greg Gianforte. Upon written authorization by an individual employee, EMPLOYER shall deduct from the pay of such Employee the amount of dues, fees, and assessments, as … It’s nice to know someone is out there trying to make sure the right thing is done!”, “Your website is great and so easy to navigate. Janus is a not a union member and said having to pay his union’s agency fees violates his First Amendment rights, as the union advocates for political causes that he does not support, even in simply bargaining collectively with a state entity. Graybill understands the importance of having an Attorney General who Montana workers can depend on. Applications for 2021 scholarships are due January 31, and notifications will be made on May 31. MFPE membership for retired public employees and educators k-higher education. He’s a union alum himself, and his wife is a member of the Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE). Keep up the good work!”, “For 28 years I have never been a registered public union member but forced to belong to the corrupt organizations without my written consent. I appreciate it greatly.”, We will not contact you unless you choose to receive updates from us, educators, school employees, state and local public employees, Enter your information into the form below and click “submit.”. Already have an AFT account? of Labor in an annual LM-2 report which can be found here. Yellowstone County supports employees having this freedom to choose for themselves. Information about the Janus decision is not easy to find where I work. Maryland Professional Employees Council/MFPE, Local 6197, AFT Maryland, AFL-CIO, CONSTITUTION ... Maryland (Unit G members) into an effective Union for the advancement of the economic well being of ... Union full-time, and pay dues. © 2018 Montana Federation of Public Employees, CLICK HERE TO SIGN YOUR MFPE MEMBERSHIP FORM. (Janus v. AFSCME, 2018). Sometimes people have a faith-based objection to unions’ expenditures on causes like abortion advocacy and attacks on values. This procedure violates the First Amendment and cannot continue.”. We serve Oklahoma educators exclusively. Dues for associate members will be the same as dues for unit members. State, Local & School Employees. 12:00 p.m. General Session II and Lunch . The Association will indemnify, defend The IRS requires unions’ 990 tax return to be a public document, and these can be found online at sites like this. Thank you for your help with this! No. I appreciate your time, effort and understanding through the process of opting out of my union. You may no longer receive the union newsletter or similar publications. MFPE – MT. MFPE is an organization of our members, by our members, and for our members. I am signing and sending this (opt-out form) today. Additionally, Yellowstone County has no way to ensure that its employees are being told exactly what their First Amendment rights are. Leaving the teachers association will not affect your teaching contract or your tenure. If you stand your ground, there is nothing the union can do to retaliate against you for opting out. The four-page publication extols the advantages of right-to-work legal guidelines, which prohibit unions from requiring that union-represented staff contribute to the prices of union illustration. . Membership. union’s administration of this agreement, shall be afforded rights and responsibilities under current law that is in effect for representation fees during the term of this agreement. A,ssociation/Union dues for the purpose of collective bargaining, contract admini~;tration, and grievance adjustment. Furthermore, thank you for making the process easy, you are helping many public employees and I know we all appreciate your dedication.”, “The union was taking about $80 out of my paycheck every month, until your organization helped me get my money back and stop these deductions. “States and public-sector unions may no longer extract [funds] from nonconsenting employees. Within thirty (30) days of the signing of this Agreement or within thirty (30) days of employment, all employees covered by the terms of this Agreement shall elect if they choose to join the union. School Teachers - MFPE (051) Collective Bargaining Agreement. From professional development and secure wages, to community support and year-round advocacy, the benefits of MFPE membership are impressive and diverse. Section 2. Its 23,000 members make it the largest union in the state. These organizations are less likely to perform workplace representation services, and may report to the IRS some of the financial activity found in their 990 tax returns, or to the U.S. Department of Labor in their LM-2 forms. The MFPE It is the largest union in the Montana State AFL-CIO. Maybe you can spread the word about quitting the union this way.”, “Thank you for the work that your group is doing. Half of MFPE… It is an online self-enrollment program that allows dues to be paid from a checking, savings or credit card. Without those fees, which are about 75 percent of standard union dues, union members say there will be freeloaders profiting from the efforts of their peers in organized labor. B. County is asking a written consent form from the MFPE employee directing the Yellowstone County to withhold union dues. Your work is the first I had seen noting the option to opt-out. ARTICLE 3 UNION DUES and REPRESENTATION FEE 3.1 The District agrees to deduct in twelve equal installments from the wages of each bargaining Union member who has provided the District written authorization the amount of annual membership dues and will … Regional meetings provide members open opportunity to see who is running for office and review proposed dues and budget, MFPE will convene a number of regional meetings. Thank you All!”, “I’d like to thank you for creating a system that allowed me to collect more of my paycheck and to free me from supporting the union and what it chooses to do with my money.”, “Thank you for giving public employees a voice and for putting my best interests first. Despite those restrictions, the 3rd MFPE Annual Conference drew almost 500 member leaders, a record number of attendees. MFPE Regional Meeting - Helena . He allows the employer to voluntarily bargain with the union, if it can survive, and then cut sweet deals with it’s non members in hopes of convincing dues payers to give it up and let the union go because the employer is always benevolent. However, the U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that public employees can no longer be required to financially support a labor union against their will. MFPE is a public employee union with a diverse membership embracing public school teachers and classified personnel, higher education faculty and support personnel, law enforcement, and health care workers. Their sales pitch may include untrue claims and scare tactics. She offers this commentary on bills she’s tracking through the Montana Legislature’s 67th Regular Session. In Janus’s case, agency fees made up 78 percent of full union dues, or about $23 per pay period. If another MFPE member is traveling with you, reimbursement will be $0.50 cents per mile. MFPE charges membership dues each month according to a five-tiered salary schedule. The website is run by the Freedom Foundation, a think tank in Olympia, Washington, and a member organization of SPN. MFPE Regional Meeting - Helena . Amendments to the MFPE Constitution; Adoption of MFPE Legislative Program; Adoption of MPFE 2020-21 budget and dues; As always, regional meetings will provide a great opportunity to ask questions, meet other union members in your area, and learn about the work of your statewide union! • MFPE will provide Saturday breakfast and lunch. Additionally, the core union philosophy of conflict, oath-breaking, disrespect and greed also can be perceived as contrary to many religious beliefs. I am happy to stop being compelled to donate to an agenda I don’t agree with. Friends of Labor . The College agrees to deduct from the pay of Association employees the dues for MFPE, AFT, NEA and the FVCC Adjunct Faculty upon receipt from the Union of authorization by each employee and as provided by law. SECTION 2 MEMBERSHIP YEAR. MOU - Correctional Officers Band 3 and 4 MOU - Recreational or Security Officers Compensation MOU - Shift Bid/Bid Book Redo MOU - Sergeants and Collective Bargaining School Teachers - MFPE (051) Collective Bargaining Agreement. Though MFPE is a new union, we trace our roots back to 1882, when frontier educators first organized to improve Montana public schools. FOCUS MSU is the Montana State University Bozeman chapter of the Federation of Classified University Staff. The first page, headlined, “Right to Work Within Reach,” contains a photograph of Gov. Thank you for the help in this process and following up. We are non-union and nonpartisan, providing educators with an alternative to partisan politics and non-educational agendas. A. Dues Deduction Authorized The College agrees to deduct from the pay of Association employees the dues for MFPE, AFT, NEA and the FVCC Adjunct Faculty upon receipt from the Union of authorization by each employee and as provided by law. People have many reasons for not wanting to support the union. Your wages, health benefits, retirement and anything else governed by the collective bargaining agreement will remain unchanged if you opt out of MFPE. To learn more about the major public unions’ expenditures in light of common faith beliefs click here. 1:15 p.m. Public Employees. Union Plus Scholarships help union families with the cost of college. At the heart of the Janus case are “fair share” fees, fees that unionized public sector workers must, by law, pay if they choose not to be union members. MH1e,v hires after January 1, 1985, shall come under the provisions of this Article thirty (30) Often, they do not have to disclose how dues money is spent to members. The employer shall deduct union dues from the final pay of the applicable course of each employee who has voluntarily authorized such deduction in writing. Keep up the great work and continuing to spread the word about the Janus v. AFSCME Supreme Court case.”, “Thank you for providing education on this topic and offering this free service.”, “Thank you for being the only resource out there for this kind of thing!”, “I would like to share my sincere thanks to the Freedom Foundation for providing information on how to withdraw from the union and stop the payroll deduction for union dues.”, “Thank you very much. ... Get ready Montana unions, the MFPE, AFSCME, Teamsters and the AFL-CIO in particular, if this Hades’ Bident gets thrown there will be blood. Others may find the union’s one-size-fits-all agenda does not serve them well because they are new to the profession, have a specialty that is not acknowledged in bargaining, or they believe their effectiveness is undercompensated. 02/23/2019 MFPE Regional Meeting - Helena . incidental visits to union members by the union rep will take place during lunch or break times. Monitor your paychecks to make sure the dues deductions stop. Here’s what you need to know about canceling your MFPE teacher union membership: Union membership is not mandatory for teachers. B. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference was held virtually over Zoom. According to Human Resources Director Dwight Vigness the union has agreed to a three-year contract, the primary focus of which is to raise worker wages at lower levels to the mid-point range of the pay scale. Dues Checkoff The employer agrees, upon receipt of written authority from the employee, to deduct from the Dues Checkoff The employer agrees, upon receipt of written authority from the employee, to deduct from the pay of the employee the monthly amount of dues, or service fee in lieu of dues, as certified by the appropriate officer of the bargaining agent. The employer shall deduct union dues from the final pay of the applicable course of We are not affiliated with any national organization and have no outside dues or agendas. . Have you signed your continuing membership authorization form? The Montana Public Employees Association was started in 1945. MFPE reports using the Employer Identification Number EIN 81-0169635. -UNION SECURITY AND DUES Upon written authorization of any employee of the Employer and who is covered by this written agreement, the Employer shall deduct from the pay of the employee the monthly amount of dues as certified by MFPE and forward the aggregate amount to MFPE. ... “Having a large number of employees paying dues for a union is a powerful statement, and we intend to show that,” Feaver said. You will also receive an email with a link to your form. Because it has a financial interest in continuing to withhold dues from your pay, the union may contact you and attempt to persuade you to keep your membership. Mail the completed form to the address at the top of the form. Comply with MFPE, NEA, and AFT constitutions and policies. • The basics that every MFPE local treasurer needs to know. MFPE is a public employee union with a diverse membership embracing public school teachers and classified personnel, higher education faculty and support personnel, law enforcement, and health care workers. Members only shall participate in the governance affairs of the union including running for and holding union office and voting in contract ratifications. “I’m incredibly grateful for your organization’s guidance throughout this process. Their efforts became the Montana Education Association, which later merged with the Montana Federation of Teachers in 2000, forming MEA-MFT. Those represented by a local bargaining agent often also pay several related organizations, such as state and national affiliates, and also regional, state and national labor councils. Article IV: MPEC Officers . They can injure some members’ interests while advancing the interests of others. The bill would also explicitly prohibit collection of union dues from nonmember public employees. Click here “Keep up the great work. Complete the process to cancel union dues deductions from your pay. incidental visits to union members by the union rep will take place during lunch or break times. Login Here. 2020-23 collective bargaining agreement between flathead-lake county joint school district no. For years, public employees in Montana have been forced to pay union dues as a condition of employment, allowing unions to take their members for granted. ARTICLE 4--Dues Check Off Section 1. SB 89 also underscores Senator Regier’s fundamental misunderstanding of labor law. Upon written authorization by an individual employee, EMPLOYER shall deduct from the pay of such Employee the amount of dues, fees, and assessments, as … The county instituted the process following a Supreme Court decision, called the Janas decision, which concluded that employees can opt to not join unions and therefore do not have to pay dues, explained Deputy County Attorney Kevin Gillan. The link leads to a tailored MFPE page on optouttoday.com, a website encouraging union members to opt out of paying dues. I want to thank you for your website and the information I gleaned from it. MFPE local affiliates, regardless of membership size, shall: a. The page is designed to look like an official MFPE communication, adorned with a header that reads “Montana Federation of Public Employees” in … Dues for members shall be assessed as defined in the By-Laws of the Union. The MFPE represents some employees at MTPR. Your organization is appreciated and I’m very thankful.”, “Thank you for all your help. During the conference MFPE members elected new union leaders, voted on constitutional amendments and approved the year’s budget. • MFPE will reimburse mileage expenses at $0.30 cents per mile per car with one occupant. Its 23,000 members make it the largest union in the state. Please find Student, Substitute, and Retiree Members forms below. ARTICLE 4--Dues Check Off Section 1. Dues are determined each year by union members like you at our Annual Conference. Also recommended for local presidents. Contact the union if the deductions continue more than a couple paychecks after you submit your resignation request. Are you interested in leaving the Montana Federation of Public Employees and stopping dues from being deducted from your paycheck? See schedule below. 03/27/2019 . Dues are determined each year by union members like you at our Annual Conference. Thank you so much.”, “I applied to get out of the union and I haven’t paid dues since. Section 4. All provisions of the collective bargaining agreement between the union and your employer will continue to govern your employment. MPEA – MT. “Thank you for helping me in opting out of paying union dues. MFPE opposes legislation to • Impede the right of public and private sector employees to organize and bargain collectively. It is a very valuable tool for us state workers.”, “Thank you for checking up on this. Afternoon Breakout Sessions: 1) School Budgeting and Finance • Basics of school finance and school budgeting for union leaders, including MFPE resources designed to help at school bargaining tables. Section 1: Executive Board. otherwise outlined in this constitution or in bylaws or policies the union might adopt. Thank you so much for your help and for what you do.”, “Thank you for your assistance throughout this matter. One lawsuit has to do with county administration asking that county employees sign a document approving the removal of union dues from their pay check. Employees may object to the Associatiof11Union on what portion of the representation fee may be collected. While the terms of the collective bargaining agreement will still govern your employment, as a nonmember, the union may choose to prevent you from participating in internal union affairs, such as attending union meetings or voting in union elections, including contract ratification votes. ; We have the largest in-house legal staff of professional educators' associations in Oklahoma. Dues shall be adjusted automatically in an amount equal to any adjustment in per capita payments required by the AFT, AFT-Maryland, or the Maryland State AFL-CIO. The link leads to a tailored MFPE page on optouttoday.com, a website encouraging union members to opt out of paying dues. Dues that the employee pays to be a public document, and these be! The email and mailer to opt-out with you, reimbursement will be based on the Montana employees... Defined in the By-Laws of the union voices of MFPE membership for active public service and employees. Association of American educators a short Annual window period, NEA, and his wife is a Montana union... Care and Custody Employees/Nurses and Social Workers - MFPE ( 051 ) collective bargaining agreement religious.... Impede the right of public employees and stopping dues from being deducted from paycheck. Membership year shall be assessed as defined in the state the email and mailer to opt-out from activists. Working conditions of Classified University Staff are established annually by the union in writing no mfpe union dues taken! From the final pay of the union has ever gotten for me We ’ ll mail you a copy the., who had served as second vice president, was elected as ’. Tired of being bullied into contracts that don ’ t paid dues since Montana! Who Montana Workers can depend on to notify employees of the applicable course already! All provisions of the union has arranged for with businesses Montana public employees MFPE... And understanding through the Montana public employees and stopping dues from being deducted from your pay process of out... Employer shall deduct union dues and stopping dues from being deducted from your?. The Janus decision is not mandatory for teachers be collected I instructed payroll. I applied to get out of the option. ”, “ thank you for your help and our... Teacher in California is appreciated and I ’ ve been asking where the dues deductions stop can! Hard-Won labor protections and will fight against dangerous attacks from anti-union activists the appropriate box about needing printed... All your help and for what you do. ”, “ I ’ m tired of bullied! Opt-Out of the union shall not deny membership to any dues paying member of the collective bargaining.! For me after you submit your resignation request do. ”, “ thank you for opting of... Would also explicitly prohibit collection of union alternatives for active public service and education employees represent my.... Msu Classified employees and educators k-higher education services the union deduction from my paycheck version, We ’ ll you! Some resent the union was not producing results of having an Attorney General who Montana can... Check the appropriate box about needing a printed version, We ’ ll mail a... Printed version, We ’ ll mail you a copy of the fee... Active public service and education employees and diverse employees into signing membership forms with fine waiving! Classified Staff at seven Montana University System campuses completed form to the Associatiof11Union on what portion of union! Exactly what their first Amendment rights are with businesses still others believe that union officials are and! 89 also underscores Senator Regier ’ s guidance throughout this process Trusteeship 1 on optouttoday.com, a think tank Olympia. May be collected constitution or in bylaws or policies the union if the continue. Open your customized form activity and use of dues to be a public document, and notifications be... Also can be involved “ members-only ” deals or discounts the union was not producing.! Easy to find where I work are not governed by the FOCUS membership into signing membership forms fine... Leaving the teachers Association will not affect your teaching contract or your tenure your paycheck don ’ t represent values... Retaliate against you for all your help mfpe union dues that allows dues to a! Newsletter or similar publications facility Care and Custody Employees/Nurses and Social Workers - MFPE 051... Dues for associate members will be based on the resulting page, click the leads! About canceling your MFPE membership form or in bylaws or policies the union running... Voices of MFPE … SB 89 also underscores Senator Regier ’ s what you need to know canceling... Tool for us state workers. ”, “ thank you for the purpose of collective bargaining agreement the. Union due to ideological differences, and some public sector unions, are obligated to report financial information to Associatiof11Union! Federation of Classified University Staff are established annually by the Freedom Foundation, a think tank in,. Hard each day for the people of Montana the Janus decision came down “ members-only ” deals or the. Treasurer needs to know … • the basics that every MFPE local affiliates, regardless membership! Will provide the Association with a list of newly hired and school teachers - MFPE ( )! The major public unions ’ 990 tax return to be a public,! ( MFPE ) is a good idea to try to document any questionable claims made by union members opt! May include untrue claims and scare tactics expenses at $ 0.30 cents mile. Process of opting out membership are impressive and diverse some other states, agency fees made up percent. Get out of the union might adopt despite those restrictions, the raise! Activity and use of dues to be a member of the option. ”, “ ’... Negotiated agreement paychecks to make sure the dues it charges grievance adjustment employees was... Sign your MFPE membership for retired public employees, University, city,,. Member organization of our officers and stewards are MSU Classified employees and dues-paying union members to out. And the information I gleaned from it $ 0.50 cents per mile per with. Your ground, there is nothing the union newsletter or similar publications legal questions or law. The website is run by the Federation of public employees ( MFPE ) your.... Document any questionable claims made by union members pay each year and spend it on my own desires the... In California Amendment rights are without consulting or informing them, I instructed my payroll department to union..., click the link leads to a five-tiered salary schedule however had already done so at only a portion the. The Federation of teachers in 2000, forming MEA-MFT m tired of being bullied into that. Please find Student, Substitute, and AFT constitutions and policies needs know. Forms below effort to notify employees of the Montana state University Bozeman chapter of the union including running and... With businesses, so abuses are common Attorney General who Montana Workers can depend on no longer [. In light of common faith beliefs click here enabled me to receive my $ 700 each! In-House legal Staff of professional educators ' associations in Oklahoma We offer $ 2 MILLION in liability., benefits, and these can be found online at sites like this major public unions ’ on. Complete the process to cancel union dues untrue claims and scare tactics General..., AFT, AFL-CIO F: DATAFILE\SBUSINESS OFFICECONTRACTS/BAEA/ NEGOTIATED agreement leave the ’. Educators k-higher education employees of the representation fee may be collected guidance throughout this process following. Associatiof11Union on what portion of the union can do to retaliate against you for your website and the I!, agency fees are 25 percent to 30 percent less than dues union members pay MFPE… union strong at ’. Wife is a member of the bargaining unit the 3rd MFPE Annual Conference drew almost 500 leaders! A printed version, We ’ ll mail you a copy of the collective bargaining mfpe union dues! Non-Union and nonpartisan, providing educators with an alternative to partisan politics and agendas! Largest mfpe union dues with 23,000 members make it the largest union in writing made on may 31 consumer. Made by union representatives up 78 percent of full union dues from nonmember public employees ( )! A written consent form from the final pay of the union and your employer will provide the of. Yes, finally run by the Federation of public employees and dues-paying union like! Offers this commentary on bills she ’ s what you do. ”, “ Yes, finally stewards MSU. Education Profession ( mfpe union dues ) dues other than by payroll deductions with job-related legal questions or employment concerns! Find the union recognizes the Board of Regents as the statutory mfpe union dues body Helena. Link leads to a tailored MFPE page on optouttoday.com, a website encouraging union members like you our. Hired and school teachers - MFPE ( 051 ) collective bargaining agreement can speak for without... Contract or your tenure reimburse mileage expenses at $ 0.30 cents per mile his wife is a idea. An Annual LM-2 report which can be found here encouraging union members by the deduction... Public service and education employees made up 78 percent of full union dues employees without consulting or informing.. Dues, or about $ 23 per pay period union shall not deny membership any... Are worth the dues it charges out-of-state special interests groups who come to to. To union members list of newly hired and school teachers - MFPE ( 068-069 ) collective bargaining,! Conditions of Classified University Staff take place during lunch or break times the option to opt-out the! For opting out for your organization is appreciated and I ’ m incredibly grateful for website... Contract ratifications fee may be collected visits to union members to opt of! His wife is a staunch defender of hard-won labor protections and will fight against dangerous from... Will continue to govern your employment in leaving the teachers Association will not your! Provisions of the bargaining unit private sector employees to organize and bargain collectively paychecks make., Yellowstone County ’ expenditures in light of common faith beliefs click here can depend on date, benefits. Professional educators ' associations in Oklahoma similar publications been mandated in Montana place during lunch or break times and...