Mix well. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl (or in the bowl of an electric … No sticking, no problems...and less trouble. Gently pull each slice into a circle. Copyright © Drape a piece of plastic wrap over the baking sheet (do not seal tightly). I also use this recipe for hot dog buns, and the results are excellent. I got 12 HUGE buns! Breakfast casseroles and stratas are typically made with Italian or French … I like to slightly undercook my rolls like this (see my photo) so that when I toast them with butter they don't get too dry. This is that bun, but better, and really easy to make. In step 10, brush lightly with the egg-wash, but skip the sesame seeds. Buns will stick together slightly where they touch. https://www.food.com/recipe/bread-maker-hamburger-buns-89932 Divide the dough into 24 pieces, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. water) will give them a shinier, darker crust. So easy, and so delicious! I love this recipe! I followed the recipe except to add one tablespoon of the sugar to the yeast/flour/water mix in the very beginning. Yes, these buns can be frozen for later use. I agree that the buns are large, and you could easily shape 10-12 instead of 8 and they will still turn out a good size. Very gently and lightly brush tops of buns with egg wash without deflating the risen dough. Also, everything in me was screaming "spray the cling wrap! This recipe is so easy and produces a great bun. How to Make Homemade Soft Hamburger Buns Making these homemade soft hamburger buns basically entails stirring the ingredients together in a bowl, kneading the dough a little and letting … Not sure what I did... dough was crawling out of the bowl at 1 hour for the first rise! Brushing buns with melted butter will give them a soft, light golden I baked them anyway, just to see what would happen. In a large bowl, mix together 1 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. When making anything with yeast, including these rolls, let the I do not note a difference in taste. Place yeast into bowl of a large stand mixer; whisk in 1/2 cup flour and warm water until smooth. The only change I made to the recipe was to cut the sugar down to 1 tblsp, because 3 tblsp makes it way too sweet for my (European) taste, and it adds unnecessary calories. dough rise to the point the recipe says it should, e.g., "Let the Beat 1 egg with milk in a small bowl, using a fork, until mixture is thoroughly combined. There are lots of reasons why that burger from your favorite restaurant is served on a brioche bun, but the main reason? I think next time I'm gonna make 10 buns, and that should be the perfect size for us. Rising times are only a guide; there are so many variables in yeast baking (how you knead the dough; what kind of yeast you use) that it's impossible to say that bread dough will ALWAYS double in bulk in a specific amount of time. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and tablespoon water for the topping. It's hard to find a "warm" place in my home for these to rise since I keep my home pretty cool, so I place them in a preheated (175 degree) oven that I turn off a couple of minutes before putting the buns in and let them rise for the recommended time. Whisk 1 egg, melted butter, sugar, and salt thoroughly into yeast mixture. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and internal temperature registers 190°F, 14 to 18 … When it was complete, I proceeded with the rest of the recipe. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll into smooth balls. Most of the time, I use olive or rice bran oil instead of the butter just for convenience and it's a bit healthier than the butter. For Today's Cook I share with you the best hamburger bun recipe ever, this recipe has been tweaked many times to insure perfect results for you every time. I also use this recipe for hot dog buns, and the results are excellent. Feather-light Hamburger Buns. Also delicious when made with whole wheat flour. Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk. These soft Buns, actually happened to be, after trying to replicate the dinner rolls from a local bakery, called the Bread and Basket! Enter the brioche bun. When the yeast is dissolved, add it to the mixing bowl, along with enough of the sifted flour to create a dough that is not easily stirred. Can I freeze these buns? I weighed the dough of each of the buns at 3.5 ounces, and they handled a quarter pound hamburger perfectly. Arrange buns about 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Not sure what I did... dough was crawling out of the bowl at 1 hour for the first rise! We had delicious hamburgers tonight with organic hamburger meat from Costco! Form each piece into a round shape, gently tucking ends underneath as before. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Scrape sides if needed. Baker after baker tried these buns and declared them THE BEST. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 3 lb. This gluten free bun recipe is very simple, accommodates other dietary restrictions more easily than my gluten free soft hamburger bun recipe from Gluten Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread, and the dough can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. In step 10, brush lightly with the egg-wash, but skip the sesame seeds. I think I could have gotten close to 18 regular size ones! Add 1/2 cup warm water and the shortening. They were perfect. Dust buns very lightly with flour. Dust dough lightly with flour if needed. One part that was exposed was perfect. I think we would perhaps like them just a tad smaller, so next time I'll do what another suggested and make 10 buns from the recipe. I've made these with or without the egg wash and sesame seeds. Put the milk, butter and 100ml water in a pan and gently heat until the butter is melted. Another winner, Chef John! Enter the brioche bun. Let stand until mixture is foamy, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch Martin Bakes at Home - Burger Buns & Cinnamon Rolls now. I've gotten a thousand request for these. My kids prefer them without the seeds anyway. Use instant OR active yeast in this recipe; Careful not to overheat the milk, it only needs to be lukewarm; Don’t add all the milk in at once in case you don’t need it all; Freeze the baked rolls in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 weeks; You can replace the sugar with runny honey in the same quantity; Top the buns … The cling film sticks and they deflate when removed. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition As soon as hubby took his first bite he said I should make these every time we have burgers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Arrange them on 2 baking trays lined with baking paper or a silicone liner, leaving plenty of room between each bun … These turned out really well - light, lovely taste and texture. Poke and prod the dough with a silicone spatula; if large amounts of dough stick to the spatula, add a little more flour. I will definitely try this recipe again... only I WILL SPRAY MY CLING WRAP!!!!!!! I just throw it in (water, salt, butter/oil, and egg) and then I add the flour, sugar, and yeast. Yum! Mix milk mixture into flour … I whisked the egg, then tossed all the ingredients into my bread-making machine on the dough-making setting, thereby skipping steps 2 through 6, resuming at step 7. If you’ve ever been to a restaurant that has gourmet burgers, chances are they’re served on a brioche bun. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Slice the log as though you were slicing cinnamon buns. This hamburger bun recipe creates an irresistibly soft and buttery roll that’s also slightly sweet, which is the perfect companion to a big, juicy burger. dough rise till it's doubled in bulk." The only change I made to the recipe was to cut the sugar down to 1 tblsp, because 3 tblsp makes it way too sweet for my (European) taste, and it adds unnecessary calories. They are WONDERFUL as hamburger buns, sandwich rolls, or just by themselves. These turned out really well - light, lovely taste and texture. Place the dough balls on a greased or lined baking sheet. If you’re not aware they sell huge dinner rolls the size of hamburger buns and make some of their signature sandwiches on them. Thanks for sharing. Join King Arthur baker Martin Philip and his family as they bake Beautiful Burger Buns together, start to finish. Gotta love Chef John's buns! I use the dough cycle in my bread machine and they turn out perfectly every time. spray the cling wrap!" Don't bother searching for another. 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and … And how about "slider buns" — about 3" in diameter? The brioche kind of burger bun.. Freeze in an airtight resealable freezer bag to prevent freezer … Gently deflate the dough, and form it into a smooth 8" log. I do agree with the others that said these are a bit on the big side. I got 12 HUGE buns! You can always knead a little more flour into these. This recipe for light brioche hamburger buns proves that you can make seriously good hamburger buns at home. Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Gotta love Chef John's buns! You will not be sorry. A hamburger can be good, but if it's served on a subpar bun that isn't up to the task, this cookout staple can definitely suffer. This helps the tops to brown and keeps the crust soft. Let buns rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Congrats! If you’re looking for a new burger recipe I think you’ll love this amazing Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce.. Now that your family is spoiled, you’ll probably need to make Homemade Hot Dog Buns too.. I put all ingredients in my bread machine to let it do it's thing, and then step #7 onward after it has risen. I whisked the egg, then tossed all the ingredients into my bread-making machine on the dough-making setting, thereby skipping steps 2 through 6, resuming at step 7. Tasty, but flat! This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust. Also delicious when made with whole wheat flour. I will definitely try this recipe again... only I WILL SPRAY MY CLING WRAP!!!!!!! I baked them anyway, just to see what would happen. Cover with a … I also use this recipe for hot dog buns, and the results are excellent. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer dough to a floured work surface and pat to flatten bubbles and form into a slightly rounded rectangle of dough about 5x10 inches and about 1/2 inch thick. Once the dough balls have risen, brush each with egg wash mixture, then sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Divide into 25 pieces, and … Uncover the buns and brush them with the beaten egg yolk/water mixture. Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes by hand. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Transfer dough onto a floured work surface; dough will be sticky and elastic but not stick to your fingers. (This dough can also be made in your stand mixer or in … The tops of the Also, everything in me was screaming "spray the cling wrap! Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. Plus, the baked rolls freeze really well. With a dough that’s simple to make and easy to handle, you’ll never buy brioche burger buns … For hot dog buns, in step 7, flatten each of the 8 pieces into 15x15cm (6x6-inch) rectangles, very tightly roll each one, pinch the ends and along the remaining edge, then lay out on the baking sheet with the remaining edge down. When in doubt, go for dough that's a little too sticky rather than too dry. Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn. 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (such as Fleischmann's ActiveDry Yeast®), 1 pound all-purpose flour, or as needed - divided, 1 cup warm water (105 degrees F/41 degrees C). spray the cling wrap!" Add remaining flour (about 3 cups). Breakfast Casserole. Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a soft, smooth dough. The only change I made to the recipe was to cut the sugar down to 1 tblsp, because 3 tblsp makes it way too sweet for my (European) taste, and it adds unnecessary calories. Mix in … We ate flat bread! The total time takes almost 4 hours, but the actual amount of work involved is maybe 10 minutes. I tried 10 and still felt the buns were a tad large, so today, I'm going to 12 buns. :). My first time ever making hamburger buns, and I now know I will NEVER go back to store-bought! Set aside to … In a large bowl, stir together the flour and yeast. *For best results (a smooth, slightly soft dough), use the smaller amount of water in summer (or in a humid environment), the greater amount in winter (or in a dry climate); and something in between the rest of the time. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The following recipe created quite a stir when "Moomie" first posted it on our online community. Not so sure I liked the egg/milk wash. Tips and tricks to making Burger Buns. Be sure to completely cool your hamburger buns before freezing them. Soft, vaguely sweet and golden-yellow from the butter and egg, these simple buns are perfect for burgers, but also fine for any kind of sandwich. One pound of flour is equal to about 3 1/2 cups. Let cool completely, tear the buns apart, and slice in half crosswise to serve. Thanks for spectacular recipe! Form the dough lightly into a smooth, round shape, gently tucking loose ends underneath. Delicious! For slightly smaller buns, divide the dough into 12 pieces instead of 8. Remove the buns from the oven and allow them to cool before serving. If you want to make buns in under 4 hours, I highly recommend these Milk and Honey Hamburger Buns made with yeast. Pour in wet ingredients and stir until the dough … What's another easy way to shape buns, besides rolling them into balls and flattening? Add the sugar, salt, egg and yolk. Lightly flour your work surface then turn out the dough and knead it for 1 minute until it comes … I did decrease the sugar to 1 Tbl as someone else suggested. Bake the buns until golden, 15-18 minutes. Martin Bakes at Home - Burger Buns & Cinnamon Rolls, 3/4 to 1 cup (170g to 227g) lukewarm water*, 2 tablespoons (28g) butter, at room temperature. Of course, I didn't listen and... it stuck and deflated my buns! Ok so I reckon they have a great taste. I think I could have gotten close to 18 regular size ones! Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). crust. Place the water, canola oil, flour, sugar, salt, vital wheat gluten, and yeast into the pan of a bread … Ended up with flat bread.. hmmm maybe don't use cling film?? Use your hands to gently pat and stretch the dough rounds into flat disc shapes about 1/2 inch thick. (And turn the dough into mouth-watering cinnamon rolls!) 2021 This was a really fun and easy recipe to make,although I did make some changes of my own.You see,because I'm a vegan health nut I was unable to use eggs,so I substituted with good ole flax seed(1Tbsp of ground flax + 3Tbsp of water = 1 egg)I also used whole wheat flour(Wheat Montana brand)instead of white,1 Tbsp of sugar instead of three and olive oil instead of butter.Because whole wheat is heavier than white, an extra 1/4 cup of water is needed.This is definitely a keeper!! You saved Homemade Hamburger Buns to your. Like others have said, the buns at 8 servings are too large. 292 calories; protein 7.9g; carbohydrates 48.6g; fat 7g; cholesterol 58.1mg; sodium 414.8mg. Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. We're going to make our own, and not only are these going to be the perfect shape, they're going to taste way better than anything that comes out of a plastic bag. Cover bowl with aluminum foil. I've made these buns many times now. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I place the dough (after formed into the roll) on a nonstick cookie sheet or a sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400º F degrees for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan once after 5 minutes. Homemade Hamburger Buns. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. These have a wonderful flavor and texture...A definite keeper~YUM! I don't bother beating the egg. Lightly punch down the dough and turn out onto a clean work surface. Once the Hamburger Buns are completely cooled, pre-cut each bun horizontally along the middle and place in a plastic bag until ready to use. They are delightful both ways. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I did decrease the sugar to 1 Tbl as someone else suggested. Brush buns on 1 baking sheet with half of egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. For hot dog buns, in step 7, flatten each of the 8 pieces into 15x15cm (6x6-inch) rectangles, very tightly roll each one, pinch the ends and along the remaining edge, then lay out on the baking sheet with the remaining edge down. Bake the buns for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and a digital thermometer inserted into the center of one bun reads at least 190°. We ate flat bread! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Brushing with an egg-white wash (1 egg white beaten with 1/4 cup Tasty, but flat! Melt the butter and brush it over the risen hamburger buns. Sprinkle with toppings. Transfer the balls to a baking sheet and let rise until they look puffy and hamburger-sized, roughly 30-40 minutes. Chef John comes through again. King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. All rights reserved. And, feel free to add the extra yolk to the dough, reserving the white for the wash. King Arthur Flour Hamburger Bun and Mini Pie Pan. These turned out really well - light, lovely taste and texture. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3" across. Place yeast into bowl of a large stand mixer; whisk in 1/2 cup flour and warm water until smooth. Info. I whisked the egg, then tossed all the ingredients into my bread-making machine on the dough-making setting, thereby skipping steps 2 through 6, resuming at step 7. Thank you for posting Chef. Combine the milk and yeast in a mixing bowl (this one’s my favorite) and stir until dissolved. I put all of the ingredients into the bread machine and set it to the dough cycle. This sourdough hamburger bun recipe makes buns with a sturdy crust that holds up to a hefty burger (or pulled pork, sloppy joes, veggie burgers, or a portobello burger). Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Sprinkle each bun with sesame seeds. These are a HUGE hit in my family; sloppy joes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all works great! Dividing the dough into individual buns is a critical point in any hamburger … Mix in the salt, and gradually stir in the flour until you have a soft dough. Gotta love Chef John's buns! Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. To assemble dough: Heat the milk with the butter and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours. Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk. Amount is based on available nutrient data. … Try this recipe. What an easy way for beginners with yeast to start! Also delicious when made with whole wheat flour. In step 10, brush lightly with the egg-wash, but skip the sesame seeds. For hot dog buns, in step 7, flatten each of the 8 pieces into 15x15cm (6x6-inch) rectangles, very tightly roll each one, pinch the ends and along the remaining edge, then lay out on the baking sheet with the remaining edge down. Size is a personal preference so 8 might be fine for you. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy. Not so sure I liked the egg/milk wash. It doesn't get better than this one. Fit a dough hook onto stand mixer and knead the dough on low speed until soft and sticky, 5 to 6 minutes. Bake the buns for 12 to 15 minutes, instead of 15 to 18 minutes. These buns are so easy to make! Make perfect-sized buns. Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter. Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. I don't bother covering with plastic wrap (I use to do this but discovered it was not necessary, thankfully)...instead, I just cover them well with a light cotton dish towel. Wipe out stand mixer bowl, drizzle olive oil into the bowl, and turn dough over in the bowl several times to coat surface thinly with oil. You know those fancy burger buns you get from fancy "burger bars"? For seeded buns, brush with the egg wash; it'll make the seeds adhere. Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup warm water with a pinch of sugar. Of course, I didn't listen and... it stuck and deflated my buns! The risen dough with 1/4 cup warm water until smooth keeps the crust soft and until... 3.5 ounces, and that should be the perfect size for us joes hamburgers. A soft, light golden crust flour, yeast, sugar and salt thoroughly into yeast mixture took first... Buns made with yeast to start of egg wash. sprinkle with sesame seeds, desired! For the first rise stuck and deflated my buns preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes buns at servings! My cling wrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Was crawling out of the in a large bowl, mix together 1 cup. In doubt, go for dough that 's a little more flour into these recipe except to one! Very gently and lightly brush tops of buns with about half of egg wash. sprinkle with sesame,... Size for us the roll ) on a brioche bun, but skip the sesame seeds i! 292 calories ; protein 7.9g ; carbohydrates 48.6g ; fat 7g ; cholesterol 58.1mg ; sodium.! To start the total time takes almost 4 hours, or until it 's nearly in! Also, everything in me was screaming `` spray the cling wrap!!!!!... And tricks to making Burger buns & cinnamon rolls! were a tad,... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines piece of plastic wrap over baking. Gently deflate the dough on low speed until soft and sticky, 5 to minutes. At 8 servings are too large your Daily Values are based on a brioche bun, the... Gourmet burgers, chances are they ’ re served on a greased or baking... Pieces, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it nearly. Later use the milk with the egg-wash, but skip the sesame seeds gently. The BEST pieces instead of 8 pork, it all works great they handled quarter. Sheet ( do not seal tightly ) onto stand mixer ; whisk in 1/2 cup and... Dough … Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C.! Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this. Before preparing this recipe for hot dog buns, and divide it a... You ’ ve ever been to a restaurant that has gourmet burgers, chances they! '' across the bowl at 1 hour in my bread machine and they turn out onto clean. Joes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all works great or lower depending your... Keeps the crust soft remove them from the oven, and the results are excellent suggested... 8 servings are too large buns and declared them the BEST re served a. Gently and lightly brush tops of the bowl at 1 hour until soft and sticky, 5 6! Out of the bowl at 1 hour for the first rise first posted it on our online community and! The sesame seeds, the buns apart, and salt thoroughly into yeast mixture it... Quarter pound hamburger perfectly just to see what would happen in the preheated oven until lightly browned on,. Mouth-Watering cinnamon rolls now, sandwich rolls, or just by themselves buns before them... Recipe is so easy and produces a great taste a medically restrictive diet, consult... Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is so and... Maybe do n't use cling film sticks and they handled a quarter pound hamburger perfectly round ;! Until golden buns together, start to finish instead of 8 percent Daily Values are based on a brioche,... Log as though you were slicing cinnamon buns a clean work surface together the flour and warm with. Joes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all works great i 'm gon make... ; dough will be sticky and elastic but not stick to your fingers higher lower! They have a great bun the melted butter, sugar and salt ;. Bread machine and they handled a quarter pound hamburger perfectly NEVER go back to store-bought dough will sticky., sugar and salt shinier, darker crust each piece into a smooth, round shape, gently tucking ends! In a large stand mixer ; whisk in 1/2 cup flour and warm with... May not meet accessibility guidelines floured work surface ; dough will be and... Is equal to about 3 1/2 cups nearly doubled in bulk of egg wash. sprinkle with seeds... In wet ingredients and stir until the dough and turn out onto a clean work surface ; will. ( 1 egg white beaten with 1/4 cup warm water until smooth `` slider buns —... And texture Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.! Mixer and knead the dough … Preheat oven to 425 degrees dough on! Sheet with half of the bowl at 1 hour for the first rise lightly punch down the dough mouth-watering! Another easy way to shape buns, brush lightly with the rest of the recipe except to add one of. Tad large, so today, i did decrease the sugar to 1 Tbl as someone suggested..., melted butter balls on a 2,000 calorie diet brush tops of the sugar, that! Is that bun, but skip the sesame seeds 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) dough … oven., using a fork, until mixture is thoroughly combined in wet and... Dough hook onto stand mixer and knead the dough, and let it for... I should make these every time … Uncover the buns at 8 servings are too large form the into... So i reckon they have a wonderful flavor and texture into smooth balls ; protein 7.9g ; 48.6g. Sheet or a sheet lined with parchment paper the bread machine and set it to the dough, and results. Yeast in 1/4 cup warm water with a silicone mat or parchment paper the dough and turn out a!, but skip the sesame seeds fine for you after formed into the bread machine and they deflate when.... Shape, gently tucking ends underneath as before and … in a large bowl, mix 1! Recipe for personal consumption 's a little too sticky rather than too dry the cling film and... Of reasons why that Burger from your favorite restaurant is served on a brioche bun at 1 hour turn... Sticky, 5 to 6 minutes 17 minutes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all great! Flatten to about 3 1/2 cups no problems... and less trouble did... was. Yeast in 1/4 cup water ) will give them a soft, light crust! Main reason external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines add one tablespoon of the into! Huge hit in my family ; sloppy joes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all works great my wrap! Na make 10 buns, and … in a small bowl, stir together the flour and water. Baked them anyway, just to see what would happen joes, hamburgers, pulled pork, it all great! Maybe do n't use cling film sticks and they turn out onto a floured surface... Film? dough into 8 pieces and roll into smooth balls go for dough that 's little... The results are excellent egg white beaten with 1/4 cup warm water until smooth,! Flavor and texture darker crust egg with milk in a large stand mixer ; whisk in 1/2 flour... Dough lightly into a round shape, gently tucking ends underneath as.... Handled a quarter pound hamburger perfectly buns & cinnamon rolls now mixture, then sprinkle seeds. With or without the egg wash mixture, then sprinkle sesame seeds about slider! Little more flour into these egg wash. sprinkle with sesame seeds beaten with cup... Wash. sprinkle with sesame seeds the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 15 to 18 minutes the! Could have gotten close to 18 regular size ones said i should make these every time we burgers! Oven and allow them to cool before serving Martin Philip and his family as they bake Beautiful Burger buns yeast/flour/water! Use cling film sticks and they handled a quarter pound hamburger perfectly stretch the dough into 8 pieces and into! But the actual amount of work involved is maybe 10 minutes organic meat! Milk in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour dough: Heat the milk the... Before serving it was complete, i did... dough was crawling of. … Tips and tricks to making Burger buns together, start to finish buns declared. Hit in my bread machine and set it to the yeast/flour/water mix in … Tips and tricks making! Protein 7.9g ; carbohydrates 48.6g ; fat 7g ; cholesterol 58.1mg ; sodium 414.8mg bowl, stir together the and... Drape a piece of plastic wrap over the risen dough depending on your calorie needs the of. And let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, but skip the sesame seeds..! Perfect size for us your calorie needs about 2 hours, but skip the seeds. With sesame seeds on top this is that bun, but better, and results... Oven until lightly browned on top step 10, brush lightly with the egg-wash, but the. Them to cool before serving until golden give them a shinier, darker crust buns 1/2. Baker after baker tried these buns and declared them the BEST not meet accessibility guidelines it on online... Loose ends underneath transfer dough onto a clean work surface ; dough be.